Swimsuit Pictured Above [Here]
I am trying so hard to transport everyone’s minds to a tropical place today. So here is the deal, I have had an outpouring of people asking me where I have gone and asking why I am so tan. I cannot lie when I say, I have been nowhere! (Hint, Hint Kevin.. take me somewhere please!) Anyways, I have decided to share my secrets for achieving a bronze look in a matter of minutes. I am THE most impatient person, so I rarely dedicate lengths of time to bronzing my skin.
Today I will take you through step by step of my at-home tanning routine.
Time to Fake Bake!
Step 1: Spray
This stuff is legit. I am a huge fan of efficiency, and let me tell you…. there is nothing more quick than this little bottle of bronze right here.
Here is my best advice:
- Shower and exfoliate before using this product…. duh?
- LAY DOWN A TOWEL ON YOUR BATHROOM FLOOR (or prepare to clean it afterwards)
- Spray evenly, and YES… spray your face. (Pay close attention to your legs, its easy to miss spots)
- Give yourself 2 minutes to dry before your next step!
I would genuinely say, unless you are SUPER fair, that everyone could go for the “Medium” shade. With this routine specifically I would not go darker than the medium because we will be adding more bronziness to this layer. Unless your psycho and are going for the Snooki look.
Step 2: Bronzing Lotion
Those of you that have been my OG followers know that I am an advocate for Bali Body products in general. I am a true fan.. no bullshit. So this little bottle is genuinely the STAR of this routine. I have also been known in the Winter time to incorporate this bronzing lotion into my make-up routine.
Here is how I use:
- After applying Spray, apply a thin layer of Bali Body Bronzing lotion
- MAKE SURE you cover all area’s that will be seen, this product is INSTANT color and will show missed area’s
- Go in sections, and wash your hands in between each section. (Start with legs, wash, torso and arms, wash, then face… wash)
- For your face, I find it best to apply, and then take a foundation brush and blend the line between face and neck for best results!
** If you like, in the Winter time when you know you will most likely be covered head to toe… use this product before applying your makeup. I used this all winter and it took away that frightening paleness we all have in the Wintery months.
Step 3: Shimmer
Saved the best step for last. Time to put on the “glow.” I can remember the first time I used this Coconut Body Glow, and Kevin came home and was so intrigued by my shimmery skin. He genuinely just kept peering at me, like I was a Goddess. Ok, not really…. but he was gauking at me a little longer than usual!!
Kopari products in general are also the shit. I used to shake my head at influencers for CONSTANTLY promoting… yet here I am. I guess that is why they call us influencers because this shit WORKSSSSS.. This is another product you could use on its own but if you use this to top off this Tanning Routine, you will thank me later!
Tips and Tricks:
- Heat up the bottle in the microwave for 20 seconds to get the coconut oil to loosen up!
- AVOID using this on your face. (It can often make you look ridiculous once you apply makeup) TOO MUCH SPARKLE
- You can use this product like a highlight. Focus on your collar bone, and shoulders, and if exposing your legs… COVER THEM COMPLETELY
- Allow 2 minutes for product to dry before putting clothes on. Remember it is an OIL so it will have a dewey residue!
Ohhhh yeah. You’re going to be looking like a snack. I am not kidding when I say this routine is SO simple. Let me also say that these products have lasted me a long time. I know often we see the price and think “Screw That!” Trust me, I did too. But at the end of the day…. These three products were the savior of my Winter shade. As always feel free to ask any and all questions in regards to these products!
But before you go…..
I wanted to also let you in on my tanning secret for when I AM in the sun! I have spoken on my ENTIRE sunning routine in THIS post. But I also wanted to give you the chance to check out Bali Body’s Cacao Tanning Oil! They have an entire line of AMAZING oils, accompanied by some great scents! They are easy to pack, and worth every penny!