Lovely week we are having here in Chicago. Mine is busy, how is yours?
I want to get right into it…today we are talking coats. A little bit of a different spin on your basic “Winter Coat” blog post. I want to talk old coats. The coats you already have in your closet. I started looking into purchasing new coats for the upcoming season, and I was stopped dead in my tracks.
I was looking for a coat of mine, one I have had for years… and I realized it hadn’t made the move with me, when Kev and I moved into our new house. After quickly remembering that it was still at my parents house, I decided to take a ride over there to retrieve it. HOLY SHIT DID I GET A REALITY CHECK! Not only did I find the coat I was looking for but I found a closet FULL of old coats of mine. How could this be? My coat closet at my new home was busting at the seams. How was it that I had 25 more still at my parents house?
My online coat shopping came to a screeching halt.
Does anyone else have this issue? Hi my name is Kylie, and I am a coat hoarder. Okay okay, well whether you do or do not…I came up with some different ways to make your old coats look new again.
I mean think about it. This is the time of year, that you start going to multiple Holiday parties. You find yourself doing many outdoor activities, like ice-skating, Kris Kringle market, and Christmas tree picking. These are all times, you will be wearing a coat not only as a form of survival but as the main event of an outfit. PLUS! Coats are effing expensive….
So I have gone through and added some fun belts that we can take and wrap around ALMOST any kind of coat style.
Tips and tricks;
- If you already have a belted coat, replace it with a more elaborate belt to give it a fancier look
- Take a dramatic belt buckle, like the feathered one pictured above, and pull it off to the side, along your princess line or your hip. This will give it an edgier, completed look
- When the buckle is SUPER big, like the bow belt pictured above… pull it all the way around to the back! If you’re feeling super girly, and have a bright colored coat, this belt and that trick would make it to die for!
- Use a high fashion Fanny Pack as your coat belt, and kill two birds with one stone! Purse and cute accessory. Definitely trying this one!
- Use multiple different belts, for different events on the same coat. If you have one super nice coat, you do NOT want it to go to waste!
BUT! and there is always a but…. at least in my world, there is ALWAYS going to a be a butt.. Ha! If you are looking for a new coat, and would still like to rock this idea, I have NOT left you hanging either. Look at me, playing both sides. You see, before my reality check of my coat hoarding, I was down a crazy rabbit hole of coat shopping online. I came across some beauties.
So let’s play a game. Since I cannot buy these coats or I will have to be committed…. I want you to buy buy buy and let me live vicariously through you! If you happen to make a purchase here, tag me in a picture on Instagram so I can see how amazing you look, and not me… HaHA! Here, let me show you what I found.
If you like what I am wearing in this post, Shop my look below.